Is Qt4.5 required for trunk now?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 19:10:02 GMT 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday 09 February 2009 22:28:29 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Can you detect at runtime which version of Qt it is and then use one or
> > the other path ?
> > (...without looking at any code)
> > This could then also make KDE 4.2.>0 work with Qt 4.5.
>
> That sounds icky.

Yes, as it is more or less usual for code which supports different versions of
something to ensure compatibility.

> The delta needed doesn't seem that large after all. I'd
> be willing (and hopefully able) to sort out a set of patches for those that
> want to use 4.2 with 4.5, KDE and Qt respectively.

That sounds good :-)
I mean IMO it's no problem if 4.2.0 doesn't work perfectly with 4.5.0, but it
would be nice if this would be fixed in 4.2.x>0.

I think the incentive to ship Qt 4.5 may be quite big now that Qt is LGPL.

Alex