KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksmserver

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 18:37:21 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 07:14:19PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> >On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:31:27PM +0000, Dario Freddi wrote:
> >> SVN commit 923137 by dafre:
> >>
> >> Adding a signal to ksmserver, that notifies DBus when KDE is about to
> >> logout.
> >
> >errrm ... how about using standard interfaces and hooking into session
> >management instead? see the qt doc for starters.
>
> Not all applications are graphical and connect to X11.

the good news is, that XSMP isn't strictly requiring X11. :D
i'm not sure what qt thinks about that issue, though.
in any case, talking over the standard protocol is the *right* thing and
should be done unless it is impossible.

if the issue is not having the confirmation shutdown dialog "saved
away", the dialog should disable dpms (and thus also the screen saver)
explicitly.

> In KDE3 we had this signal in DCOP anyways.

as you said on irc, it was sent by the dcop server when it was about
to die. that's "somewhat" different timing than in dario's commit. the
dcop thing comes closer to listening for dbus telling that kdeinit
disconnected or something like that.