Plural suffixes in spinboxes (was: Re: KDE)

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Feb 8 14:21:05 GMT 2009

> [: Volker Krause :]
> See attached patch, seems to work (with english), but I'm not really
> familiar with the i18n stuff.

i18n-wise it's exactly how it should be (passing KLocalizedString around,
delaying argument substitution...) It will certainly work for other
languages too. I personally wanted to do something like that, but on the
opposite, I wasn't quite at home with modifying GUI widgety stuff.

On the other side, due to underlying QSpinBox I suppose it wouldn't be
possible to have something like:

  mySpin->setFormat(ki18np("%1 thingy", "%1 thingies"));

instead of setting suffix and prefix. Or would it be possible? Because that
would be the truly total solution (no translators complaining about split
strings, no need to set empty prefix on translator's request).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)