Libical: Increasing Minimum Version Requirement

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 6 20:54:55 GMT 2009

Allen Winter wrote:
> For trunk, I plan to increase the minimum version requirement
> for the Libcal package from 0.33 to 0.42.  Else the kdepimlibs
> module will no longer build for you.
>
> If your distribution does not provide version 0.42 (or higher)
> then you will need to install it yourself from source, which can
> be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeassociation
> (or ask you distribution to upgrade this package).

How critical is 0.42 versus 0.41? I ask because I am still on Fedora 9
on my home build machine and I don't know if there are plans to push
0.43 to Sulphur (or even to Cambridge; it's built in Rawhide though),
but 0.41 is current on both. (I can't install the Rawhide package on
Sulphur due to it needing a newer glibc. But if I have to, I should be
able to build from the SRPM.)

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall