Getting access to parent device in a Solid predicate

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Dec 28 15:33:48 GMT 2009

Hi!

I have been trying lately to ensure Gwenview Importer does not show up
in Device Notifier applet unless the user plugged something which looks
either like a digital camera or a memory card.

>From what I understand, in Solid, a memory card is represented this way:
First there is a Solid::StorageDrive device whose driveType is set to
CompactFlash, MemoryStick, SmartMedia, SdMmc or Xd, this drive contains
a Solid::StorageVolume device which is the card itself.

I need to react on the StorageVolume, not the StorageDrive, but I don't
think it is possible right now to write a Solid predicate which checks
the property of the parent device. Am I wrong?

Aurélien

PS: To help me understand Solid, I started to write a Solid dumper,
which you can find in playground/devtools/solid-dumper. Right now it can
list all devices, show a device by udi and list all devices matching a
predicate.