Sending boolean value using qdbus always yields true

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Thu Dec 24 15:10:36 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with qdbus. No matter what I pass on the command line, I
always receive true. Details are on b.k.o. (Bug 201940), and Thiago says, it
is not a Qt issue.

I added a debug statement to KMix [1], and it shows the effect clearly [2].

Does anybody know what is going on here? This is for a long time (bug report
from July 2009), and also for recent builds  (via the openSUSE build: KDE:Qt46
and KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop).

  Christian

[1]
 void Mixer::setMute( const QString& mixdeviceID, bool on )
 {
+  qDebug() << "Mixer::setMute():" << mixdeviceID << " = " << on;

[2]
# qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 setMute CD:0 false
Mixer::setMute(): "CD:0"  =  true
# qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 setMute CD:0 true
Mixer::setMute(): "CD:0"  =  true
# qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 setMute CD:0 1
Mixer::setMute(): "CD:0"  =  true
# qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 setMute CD:0 0
Mixer::setMute(): "CD:0"  =  true