signalling suspend/resume events (deviceKit-power)

Tobias Arrskog topfs2 at xboxmediacenter.com
Tue Dec 8 15:43:16 GMT 2009

To bring more to the discsussion regarding uses of events at both wakeup and
suspends.

On suspend apps can close sockets and signal disconnects properly to servers
(even if the server in itself probably should handle a wrong disconnect it's
nice to support it nicely).

On resume sockets could get reopened.
In XBMC, LIRC comes to mind as a perfect candidate, it tends to need
reinitiate and we want suspend to behave transparently as shutdown, so
resume needs to look like a startup so we rescan and such.