Catching resume from suspend?

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:49:36 GMT 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009 20:53:07 Anders Lund wrote:
> Dario Freddi skrev:
> > /me wonders if anybody reads what he writes...
> >
> > FYI, HAL is dead, and I won't repeat what I already said twice
>
> I read. But I am looking for a solution, not for reasons to buy an apple
> device or a windows licence.

No, you didn't. I proposed a solution and told you what to do, and you simply
passed by. Let's try again:

HAL is no longer developed. DeviceKit-Power, now being renamed into upower,
will replace it shortly, and soon (depending on when we will decide it's worth
it) Solid will use it as a backend.

Being still hardly developed, if you want to get a feature into it, this is
the right time to do it. The main developer is Richard Hughes, you might want
to get in touch with him, or file a wish on fd.o, or write to the mailing
list.

> [snip useless rant]
>
> So what can I do to help getting this functionality into kde 4.5 or later?

Get that signal into upower and you will have it back in Solid. It gets as
simple as that.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer