Attica dependency

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Tue Dec 8 11:31:51 GMT 2009

Hi,
I'd like for kdelibs to depend on libattica, not optionally any more but
required.

The reason is that currently the Get Hot New Stuff upload dialog depends on it
and I don't really see much use in ifdef'ing everything now.
In the next iteration (KDE SC 4.5) we will have even more things depend on
libattica (the social about dialog) and Get Hot New Stuff will miss out on the
nice new additions and cease to work in some cases where only a new provider
is set.
Distributions seem to package it up already. So I don't think this is a big
issue.

Please let me know if it's OK to introduce this dependency. (Next Monday
maybe?)

libattica is tiny and enables easy access to Open Collaboration Providers.
That is currently the openDesktop.org sites, but Maemo will also implement it
at some point.

libattica lives in kdesupport, you can find a first tarball here:
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/attica but an updated version (the current
kdesupport state) will soon be required since it includes some cleanup and one
BIC change before the lib becomes used anywhere.

Cheers
Frederik