Catching resume from suspend?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Dec 7 18:49:36 GMT 2009

Thiago Macieira skrev:

> > Doing the right thing sounds good! Of course this would require to
> > install a file in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d, but that should be all. The
> > dbus message is sent by pm-action, which is running on behalf of hal.
> > Is it a problem for KDE to install such a file?
> >
> > I'm not very familliar with dbus, but i understand that a dbus message
> > can be a signal that anyone can connect to. So if the signal is sent, any
> > application or applet should be able to catch it?
>
> Indeed, but you cannot send such a signal unless you've given yourself
> permissions on the system bus.
>
> And if you send a signal under the org.freedesktop.Hal hierarchy, you
>  should  *at least* ask the HAL developers for permission....

Well, I'll happily do that, or maybe contact the pm-utils team. I'm very
interrested in finding a sensible, lasting solution.

Judging from the pm-utils documentation, this is however a key feature. In my
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d there are scripts from netcfg, networkmanager, pm-
utild itself, some kernel related ones, amongst others.

And I do not see any harm in this, it seems that -everybody- many people
wants this information to be available.

It also seems that noone have a better solution at this time.

But thanks for the comments, I will try and get in touch with pm-utils people.

--
Venlig hilsen,
Anders