Catching resume from suspend?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Dec 7 09:49:20 GMT 2009

Em Segunda-feira 07 Dezembro 2009, às 10:29:02, Anders Lund escreveu:
> As I see it, using pm-utils is a solution that will work in quite many
> systems, afaik it is quite common. And it is there, it can be used right
>  away.  So it could be a temporary solution untill someone can come up with
>  something better.

You cannot emit a signal on the system bus unless you edit
/etc/dbus-1/system.conf or system.d and give permissions to do that. Which
means you need root permissions to install the necessary files, plus you'll
need to define the interface which will emit the signal and what information it
will carry.

Which means your solution will never be accepted by mainstream distros. Which
means it has little sense to add support for catching the signal in KDE apps
in the first place.

How about just doing the right thing and adding it to one of the system
daemons that emit signals already?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358