Catching resume from suspend?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Dec 5 20:03:39 GMT 2009

Chani skrev:
> > > now, I get the feeling that since it doesn't Just Work yet, Solid
> > > doesn't provide us with any such signal. this feels like the sort of
> > > thing that solid *should* provide, but I don't know enough about the
> > > low-level details to say how it should be implemented.
> >
> > This has recently been discussed on hardware-devel
> > http://lists.kde.org/?t=125874601600001&r=1&w=2
>
> thanks.
> hmm, not looking very positive right now. silly HAL. but there's got to be
>  a way, right? :)

Appearently, an option is to put a script in /usr/lib/pm-util that sends a
dbus message. That message could be caught by, say, a plasma dataengine. I
don't know how portable it is, but for example NetworkManager is using that on
my system, along with several other applications.

--
Venlig hilsen,
Anders