Animated labels and progress bars in Oxygen considered harmful?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 20:23:40 GMT 2009

On 02.12.09 08:27:40, Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> On 12/02/2009 03:41 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >>i see nothing wrong with that, it looks more natural to me
> Hi Andreas,
> Your concern is legitimate. The tab transition is the only one
> susceptible of triggering large repaints of the screen. Which is why
> it has a dedicated turn on/off option in oxygen config, which is, as
> far as I know, off by default.

I can assure you its on by default here. Because when I switched to
oxygen a week or so ago, my konsole suddenly had animated tabs and I
didn't use or configure oxygen on this machine ever since it was
installed.

I can also see where this is coming from: Even though the gui says "Tab
Animations" its actually stored as StackWidgetAnimation and that one is
on by default in oxygen.kcfg. So either you wanted to separate tab and
stacked widgets (and I don't see why animations should be shown on
either) or the naming is just bad :)

Andreas

--
You're at the end of the road again.