Animated labels and progress bars in Oxygen considered harmful?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:49:45 GMT 2009

> its feasible if we agree on some QObject "dynamic property" name, that one application could set, (QObject::setProperty( ... ))
> and that the style would catch. Something like "_kde_no_animation_".

> Problem is: you can't expect 3rd party KDE (or Qt) applications to set
> this property.

Indeed.  As Thiago mentioned, if you try to go too far beyond what the
QStyle API was designed for this could well lead
to breakages in 3rd party applications (whether they are open
source/libre software or not) - leading to the unfortunate situation
where these applications work better on
Windows/Gnome/Mac OS X than on KDE.

Regards,
Robert.