Minimal kdelibs on embedded platforms

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Dec 1 15:55:05 GMT 2009

> Second, KDE libraries often need KDE services running and/or installed. That
> is, kdebase/runtime, plus kdeinit, klauncher, kded, kglobalaccel, etc.

With my commercial software developer hat on, I must say that those,
and DBus, are the only things preventing us from adopting KDElibs and
KOfficeLibs for Windows software development: lots of processes
spawned, maybe conflicting versions of Qt (Qt with DBus vs Qt without
DBus, for instance), etc

In fact, we develop software for Windows and Linux, and due to company
policy not being able to use KDElibs/KOfficeLibs on Windows means I
cannot use KDElibs for Linux, either, except in very self-contained
cases where it is absolutely required:-( I guess more companies are
suffering from this, too.

Companies using KDElibs for their software would mean patches,
improvements and new features for KDElibs and KOfficeLibs.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org