kde-qt branches after 4.6.0 release

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Dec 1 14:56:43 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

>  - due to the way that the master and 4.6-stable-patched branches are created
>   (with Git merges), it will be extremely hard for packagers to extract
>   patches from them. KDE developers didn't like the solution I created that
>   would accommodate everyone (the 4.5.x-patched branches), so to make the
>   developers' lives easier, we're making the packagers' lives absolute
>   nightmare. I'm not available for help, don't bother asking on IRC.

I must intonate a 'mea culpa' here because I was the one who proposed
the current kde-qt.git branch model (
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/61168 ). I did not
know it would make extracting the patches nearly impossible, and it
was not said at any point in the thread (or at least I cannot find
anything other than the "OK, we can do that" in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/61172 )

:-(

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles