KDE Trunk based on Qt 4.6

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 30 23:56:06 BST 2009

On August 30, 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> So if we do what distros do why the hell do we even have a schedule?

it's not a great situation, no. but while we work on improving it (and some
people are trying to :) we also have the reality that our users will be using
KDE 4.4 with 4.6

> And now more seriously if there are problems running KDE 4.4 with Qt4.6
> that means either:
>  a) There's a bug in KDE 4.4 that we have to fix
>  b) There's a bug in Qt 4.6 Nokia has to fix
> This has nothing to do with depending or not on Qt 4.6

if we depend on it, then:

* we know all our users will be using the same combination of KDE and Qt
libraries; this makes troubleshooting easier

* we know that our developers will be working with that combination prior to
release, meaning we will catch bugs before release. proactive bug squashing is
good.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se