KDE Trunk based on Qt 4.6

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Aug 30 21:25:47 BST 2009

Em Domingo 30. Agosto 2009, às 21.52.48, Christoph Feck escreveu:
> Either you want Qt open to KDE developers, or you don't. I understand that
>  you seem to want to (you expressed that much often), but the door isn't
>  open, there isn't even an open window. It feels a bit like joining a
>  birthday party where you have to communicate with others via the
>  mailbox...

There will be no direct push access to qt.git for everyone and anyone. In the
future, the plan is to give that to some trusted people who have shown that
they can follow the rules.

But commits *always* require a review by the people who maintain the code.
Even for Trolls. Features require autotests, bugfixes require autotests.
Features require API review.

And you have to watch the build results to make sure nothing broke, and the
autotest results (those will be made public in the coming months, just as the
new bug-tracking system).

So, Qt development is not like KDE development. Deal with it.

PS: we'll also speed up reviews of MRs. Unfortunately, we built up a backlog
due to the feature freeze coming up.

PPS: the rest of Nokia is also forced to go through MRs to get anything in Qt.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009