KDE Trunk based on Qt 4.6

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Sun Aug 30 21:10:56 BST 2009

Am Sunday 30 August 2009 21:44:03 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> W44 - Qt 4.6 release candidate
> W48 - Qt 4.6 final
>
> KDE beta is W46.

Well, schedules could potentially move if there are any problems (we had an
additional RC for 4.3), but if above week numbers suggest what is planned,
then I think we should consider Qt 4.6 for KDE 4.4. My original understanding
was that there was no Qt schedule yet.

Both Qt and KDE would benefit from mutual bugfixing before release. If any new
API from Qt turns out to be problematic for KDE, it could be changed before
Qt 4.6 is released.

When we wait until 4.6 is final, no changes can be made, and we have to live
with that forever.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)