Merging libconversation to kdelibs

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Sun Aug 30 18:27:38 BST 2009

Am Sunday 30 August 2009 17:36:25 schrieb Parker Coates:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:09, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > We don't have to name all our libraries with k.

Let's see...

kde4/libs/ has mostly k* names. The others are either other KDE names
(akonadi, digikam, nepomuk, plasma etc.) or start with a q* (qca, qjson,
qimageblitz). Only a few have a name that I would not have approved if I was
asked, but probably cannot be changed for the whole KDE 4 lifetime (mbox,
processcore, science, streams, tag, etc... wtf?)

kde4/libs/kde4/ is a different story. These are not in global namespace, but
only linked from KDE4 apps. They still follow some naming policies to avoid
namespace pollution, so most of them start with a k* too.

> libunitconv looks like an external dependency. libkunitconv looks like
> a KDE library.

Well, I am not worried about branding, but about the available namespace. We
name all of our global classes with a K or Q, too. It would look all nicer
without that "prefix"...

> Not that this is a really that big a deal. I just didn't want to get
> in trouble for just posting a "+1" to Christoph's email. ;)

Yes, that's strictly forbidden.

:P

> Parker

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)