situation with window decorations

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Aug 27 23:24:06 BST 2009

A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 17:15:32 Lucas Murray vocĂȘ escreveu:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Frank Karlitschek<karlitschek at kde.org>
wrote:
> > 4.) someting else
>
> The plan is to make Nitrogen the default decoration and remove Ozone
> completely. Ozone is still there as Nitrogen still requires some small
> bug fixes before it is forced onto everybody that uses trunk.
>
> The Oxygen decoration will remain because:
>
> Oxygen = The way the designers want the decoration (Pixel perfect and not
> ugly!) Nitrogen = The way the users want the decoration (User customisable
> and better usability!)

lets make a deal, unless you or me have an degrea on usability  lets refrain
from using the word ok?
I have actually asked the people that do know about the subject of "usability"
in this case, and their remarks were not exactly the ones you are expecting.

> Unless the Oxygen team can live with the customisation settings (All
> the past discussion about this says they don't want to) the Oxygen
> decoration will remain to be forked as Nitrogen contains settings that
> are essential for usability, for example the emphasised active window
> border style.

As i said i have no idea how this went since we talked to the nitrogen guy
and we agreed that he wold work directly in oxygen, so I have no idea how this
happened.
I love options as long as we don't create a "baghira UI" to configure oxygen
and the options are easy to understand for Joe user its great.
--
Oxygen coordinator