situation with window decorations

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Aug 27 23:09:02 BST 2009

A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 22:00:09 Matthew Woehlke vocĂȘ escreveu:
> Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > The story about the stripes, well it was one of the ideas i had to try to
> > make some people happy and maybe give up on ozone, the stripes are
> > colorable and give a visual hint to the active window... the next step we
> > took was to make the active glow, that in non acel systems even paints
> > the outside pixels of the windeco, still this was not enough to remove
> > ozone.
>
> Well, it was for some people :-). After the change to color the outside
> pixels (which, IIRC, was my idea since a long time back), I switched
> back to using Oxygen... until the window sizing got broken.
>
> See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.kwin/24250.

huynhhuu * r1016482
workspace/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen/ (oxygen.h
oxygenclient.cpp):
 Revert r1009021 and r1009001 (which extend the clickable area of the window
borders), because they interfere with window snapping.

We should brake this again in the future as we want to make the hit area of
the bottom corner  bigger so we can also make the bottom frame smaller and
save some space, right now we are wasting some pixels there and we could have
them if we can make the hit area of corner stretch a bit into the shadow,
"technically it is possible"
its mostly a matter of adjusting the snapping.

If i recall correctly this was one of the problems in nitrogen, the hit area
of of the corner was to small and that made it hard to click.
--
Oxygen coordinator