device-automounter moved to kdereview

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Sat Aug 22 14:51:04 BST 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 9:29:45 am Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Sunday 09 August 2009 21:34:45 Trever Fischer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've moved device-automounter out of playground and into kdereview. After
> >  the review, I hope for it to end up in kdebase/runtime/solid/. Then
> > after that, I hope to combine it with the solid-actions-kcm to let it
> > handle other automatic execution of actions when devices get attached.
> >
> > device-automounter is a small kded plugin and kcm page that adds
> > removable media automounting to KDE. Its more than blindly automatic,
> > since it has a little bit more logic (further describe in the SETTINGS
> > file) to make it smarter than your average automounter, while still
> > behaving without configuration as a naive user would expect.
> >
> > Everything passed krazy2all, with the exception of line 40 in
> > kded/DeviceAutomounter.cpp because I can't remember how to get krazy2 to
> > ignore the foreach checker. My rationale for that is that using
> > Solid::VolumeAccess::setup() requires a non-const Device, so two copy
> > constructors is cheaper than converting from a Device to a QString udi
> > and back. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me/point and laugh.
>
> What's going on with the contents of the 'lib' directory that are not built
>  as a library but compiled separately into both kded module and kcmodule?
>  Was it supposed to be a shared lib?
>
> Will

No, its just a small bit of shared code between the two. All it is is the
AutomounterSettings class, which handles the logic to determine if a device
should be automounted, saving settings, loading them, etc. Its one tiny class,
and I didn't think it would be worth it to have an extra .so laying around on
the system.
--
Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
Fedora Ambassador, KDE Hacker