device-automounter moved to kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 10:11:42 BST 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 10:52:13 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Are you sure? Did you search mailinglists or bugzilla for bugs/comments
> that want automounting and wonder were it is gone or why Windows has it
> etc.?

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Most of the BR I had to deal with regarding that are
people who now what mount/unmount is. And as such that makes them more of an
expert than my parents who just don't care and click on the device when they
need it and the system does the right thing.

So really except for the restore session case that Jos pointed out the current
approach is good enough by default. More advanced users can then turn the
autmounting on, that's perfectly fine.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."