Suspicious lines

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 23:01:42 BST 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 16:27:50 you wrote:
> Hi and congrats on the 4.3 release!
> While compiling under the other compiler [tm], encountered the
> following cases that are not just warnings but possible bugs, e.g.
> typos:
>
> 1. trunk\KDE\kdebase\runtime\kcontrol\kded\kcmkded.cpp(383) : warning
> C4804: '<' : unsafe use of type 'bool' in operation

This is definitely wrong, and I've committed a fix to 4.3 and trunk.  Mind you
I'm not sure the code actually works now but I can't see that it's ever done
anything before except cause an infinite loop.

> 2. trunk\KDE\kdebase\workspace\kcontrol\launch\kcmlaunch.cpp(212) :
> warning C4554: '&' : check operator precedence for possible error; use
> parentheses to clarify precedence
> trunk\KDE\kdebase\workspace\kcontrol\launch\kcmlaunch.cpp(218) :
> warning C4554: '&' : check operator precedence for possible error; use
> parentheses to clarify precedence

The cast is wrong which means the bit operation doesn't do the right thing
either.  Fixed in trunk, I will backport as well.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne