device-automounter moved to kdereview

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Sun Aug 9 21:55:48 BST 2009

On Sunday 09 August 2009 4:43:43 pm Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge, 9 d'agost de 2009, Trever Fischer va escriure:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've moved device-automounter out of playground and into kdereview. After
> > the review, I hope for it to end up in kdebase/runtime/solid/. Then after
> > that, I hope to combine it with the solid-actions-kcm to let it handle
> > other automatic execution of actions when devices get attached.
> >
> > device-automounter is a small kded plugin and kcm page that adds
> > removable media automounting to KDE. Its more than blindly automatic,
> > since it has a little bit more logic (further describe in the SETTINGS
> > file) to make it smarter than your average automounter, while still
> > behaving without configuration as a naive user would expect.
> >
> > Everything passed krazy2all, with the exception of line 40 in
> > kded/DeviceAutomounter.cpp because I can't remember how to get krazy2 to
> > ignore the foreach checker. My rationale for that is that using
> > Solid::VolumeAccess::setup() requires a non-const Device, so two copy
> > constructors is cheaper than converting from a Device to a QString udi
> > and back. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me/point and laugh.
>
> The kcm Name column is showing the udi and that's ugly, i think using
> description() would make a betted default.
>
> Albert

In order to retrieve the UDI, the device must be present, yes? The KCM gets
its list of devices from the configuration file, and not solid. I could easily
set it to show the human-friendly name if solid says the device is attached,
but the only way I see that happening for devices not attached is to store
that bit of data into the config file, which seems like an ugly hack to me.
--
Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
Fedora Ambassador, KDE Hacker