device-automounter moved to kdereview

Trever Fischer wm161 at wm161.net
Sun Aug 9 20:34:45 BST 2009

Hello,

I've moved device-automounter out of playground and into kdereview. After the
review, I hope for it to end up in kdebase/runtime/solid/. Then after that, I
hope to combine it with the solid-actions-kcm to let it handle other automatic
execution of actions when devices get attached.

device-automounter is a small kded plugin and kcm page that adds removable
media automounting to KDE. Its more than blindly automatic, since it has a
little bit more logic (further describe in the SETTINGS file) to make it
smarter than your average automounter, while still behaving without
configuration as a naive user would expect.

Everything passed krazy2all, with the exception of line 40 in
kded/DeviceAutomounter.cpp because I can't remember how to get krazy2 to
ignore the foreach checker. My rationale for that is that using
Solid::VolumeAccess::setup() requires a non-const Device, so two copy
constructors is cheaper than converting from a Device to a QString udi and
back. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me/point and laugh.
--
Trever Fischer (tdfischer)
Fedora Ambassador, KDE Hacker