kio_sftp rewrite

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 6 10:30:30 BST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 23:25:28 Carlo wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Urs Wolfer<uwolfer at kde.org> wrote:
> > Oh, btw, what's the real difference between this one and the fish
> > kioslave? Could we drop fish?

> the sftp kioslave uses the sftp protocol  while fish use a remote
> shell and commands like ls/rm/cp
> I don't think we should drop it since there may be some ssh server
> that doesn't have sftp enabled, even if most of the time is the other
> way around
> it would be nice to port fish to libssh too, but the code is a real mess

So fish works in some, sftp in other situations. Is there a way we can find out
automatically, and then do the right thing in the background?

Another thing, on my machine, the fish:// slave doesn't work, logging in and listing
works, but when I want to copy a file to the remote machine, it says "Connection to
host miro is broken". SFTP works fine. Anybody else experiencing this?
--
sebas