QFormLayout and consistency in systemsettings kcm modules

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 17:06:35 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Christoph Feck<christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> there is actually ongoing effort to turn code into using QFormLayout, please
> do not revert those changes. QFormLayout has many advantages.

There are a number of problems with QFormLayout too though, as soon as
you try to introduce any grouping (and therefore a nested layout for
the items in the frame around the group) the alignment of your items
goes to hell. Unfortunately that seems inherent in the whole approach
QFormLayout takes. Whilst it's good for very simple dialogs, I've not
found it suitable for non-trivial ones.

Cheers

Rich.