Review request: network:/ kioslave now in kdereview

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Apr 29 22:22:10 BST 2009

Lunid, le 20 avril 2009, à 19:15, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> I just moved the network:/ kioslave to kdereview/networkkio. It should be
> stable and quite usable already. The destination module might be
> kdenetwork. Urs, would that be okay?
>
> This kioslave lists the network from a device centric point of view,
> listing all devices in the (for now) local network and the services running
> on them. A kded module triggers KDirLister refreshes on network changes, so
> any views are up-to-date. Service items can be clicked at and will forward
> to a matching url. Additionally it could be possible to assign other
> handlers for the mimetypes of the services/devices.
> Dolphin and Plasma folderview will need some better support for non-file
> listings, as can be seen by this kioslave. Will discuss this the next days,
> as this also hits exising kioslaves.
>
> No docs, as it is a kioslave. Only tested on Linux. Krazy complains dealt
> with a few hours ago, should all be met, but then I changed quite some code
> today, too.

Docs added now. No other complains so far, krazy has zero issues, so I expect
this ioslave can be moved out of kdereview next monday, may 4th, just in time
for the freezes. Or are you still planning to do your personal review? Please
do :)

Now, where to move to? I would like kdenetwork (Urs, would that be okay?),
in "kdenetwork/kioslave/network".
But then I see also quite some network related kioslaves
in "kdebase/runtime/kioslave", like fish, nfs, sftp, smb, etc., so the
network:/ kioslave might also be in good company there.

So, what do you think?

Cheers
Friedrich
--