KToolInvotacion - was Re: DrKonqi 2 moved to kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 26 21:22:36 BST 2009

A Dissabte, 25 d'abril de 2009, Allen Winter va escriure:
> On Friday 24 April 2009 8:11:26 pm Darío Andrés wrote:

> > > Played with it some today and it looks really good.
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > > Feature request:
> > > when there is a file and a line number available in the bt, it would
> > > be real nice to be able to click on that line and have kate
> > > (or my favorite editor) started on that file+line
> >
> > We can investigate about that, I guess that the source filename could
> > be parsed and launched (if it exists locally), I'm not sure if there
> > is an option to open on a certain line (using an agnostic "editor
> > launcher" (kate may not be available, kwrite should be, or another
> > one))
>
> I'm shocked that we don't have KToolInvocation::invokeEditor() :)

AFAIR last time we talked about KToolInvocation it was said that it should be
not used in favour of a KRun based solution, KToolInvocation it's only there
because kdecore things that can't depend on KIO (KRun) need to launch some
programs.

Albert