RFC: adding a temporary, non-BC gauranteed, 'private' library .. where?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Apr 23 20:40:05 BST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > We're guaranteeing that for the public libraries of kdelibs, not for
> > anything thats considered private.
>
> Once you install the headers, it is a public library.

so phonon's experimental lib is a problem too? because as i understand it,
it's doing the same thing. how do you handle that in packaging?

aseigo at independence:~> ls /opt/kde4/include/phonon/experimental/
abstractaudiodataoutput.h   audioformat.h          export.h
packetpool.h         videodataoutput.h           videowidget.h
abstractvideodataoutput.h   avcapture.h            mediasource.h
phononnamespace.h    videodataoutputinterface.h  visualization.h
audiodataoutput.h           backendcapabilities.h  objectdescription.h
snapshotinterface.h  videoframe2.h
audiodataoutputinterface.h  backendinterface.h     packet.h
videodataoutput2.h   videoframe.h

aseigo at independence:~> ls /opt/kde4/lib/libphononexperimental.so*
/opt/kde4/lib/libphononexperimental.so
/opt/kde4/lib/libphononexperimental.so.4.3.0
/opt/kde4/lib/libphononexperimental.so.4
/opt/kde4/lib/libphononexperimental.so.4.4.0

it's the same thing, only for kdeui.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se