Review request: network:/ kioslave now in kdereview

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Apr 21 11:22:59 BST 2009

Le lundi, 20 avril 2009, à 19:15, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> I just moved the network:/ kioslave to kdereview/networkkio. It should be
> stable and quite usable already. The destination module might be
> kdenetwork. Urs, would that be okay?
>
> This kioslave lists the network from a device centric point of view,
> listing all devices in the (for now) local network and the services running
> on them. A kded module triggers KDirLister refreshes on network changes, so
> any views are up-to-date. Service items can be clicked at and will forward
> to a matching url. Additionally it could be possible to assign other
> handlers for the mimetypes of the services/devices.
> Dolphin and Plasma folderview will need some better support for non-file
> listings, as can be seen by this kioslave. Will discuss this the next days,
> as this also hits exising kioslaves.

If you want to give it a try, you might need to manually load the kded module:
	qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadModule networkwatcher

While I set both
X-KDE-Kded-autoload=true
X-KDE-Kded-load-on-demand=true
in the desktop file* for the module I have not investigated yet why it does
not work right from the time of the installation. On the next start of the
desktop it at least works :) Except for the case if the demon responds to
slow to the kioslave during session startup, then it will currently
report "Malformed url.". Should be fixed soon.

*
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/networkkio/kded/networkwatcher.desktop?view=markup

Cheers
Friedrich