KNotificationAreaItem

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Tue Apr 21 00:33:38 BST 2009

Am Tuesday 21 April 2009 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Thomas Lübking wrote:
> >of course you could check all services whether they provide certain
> > objects providing certain functions, but that's
> >a) heuristic
> >b) not necessarily efficient...
>
> c) not possible

a) "object" was meant := "path" (sorry, my fault)
you'd have to recurse parse org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

PoC (... and i even added linebreaks):

--- snip ---
for service in $(qdbus | grep org.kde); do
   if qdbus "$service" | grep "/MainApplication" > /dev/null 2>&1; then
      if qdbus "$service" /MainApplication | grep
"org.kde.KApplication.quit()" > /dev/null 2>&1; then
         echo "$service has quittable kde mainapplication"
      fi
   fi
done
--- snip ---

:-P

at least that was what i meant to identify a service to be heuristically
sufficient - and "inefficient" as well...

(in case that was not clear in the first mail: this is no sane solution at
all)

Thomas