KNotificationAreaItem

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Mon Apr 20 23:48:56 BST 2009

Le Tirsdag 21 april 2009, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Olivier Goffart wrote:
> >Doesnn't the fact that this service is required show a flaw in dbus
> > itself. Is there a way to ask dbus all the running client that provides
> > a given interface?
>
> No. The running service is the correct thing to do.
>
> Interfaces are not registered with D-Bus. To register, there has to be a
> call for that and something has to keep a list. That's what the deamon
> does.

Sure,
But i'm telling dbus-deamon should be that deamon.

Let's say i want to query all the running media player so i can list them to
eventually play something :  we have to create a special deamon ?
Let's say i want to list all the IM client to know the status of a contact :
we need a special deamon.
Let's say i want to list all the "kpart" application to know which documents
are open : we need another deamon ?

I could give many more examples.

This was very possible with dcop.

What i want is  "gives me a list of running services that implement a given
interface"