Moving Solid-SysClass engine to kdereview

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:05:14 BST 2009

Hello people,

As you might know, Solid networking is starting to be used around KDE
applications, such as Plasma for the weather dataengine. Unfortunately, not
every user relies on a network manager such as NM or Wicd, hence having a
check for a link is impossible for them. So, after a discussion on #plasma, I
created a very simple Solid engine based on the values read in /sys/class/net.

It does nothing more than checking operstate for changes and notifies Solid
whenever a link is up. I'd like to move this to kdebase, even if soft freeze
is over, to avoid letting people down for not having a network manager

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B