kdepim support for google calendar and contacts
savagobr at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 15:17:03 BST 2009
The code moved from playground to kdereview implements an akonadi resource for both google calendar and contacts using google data protocol 2.0.
It is a long pending feature request (bugs 125952 and some other related bugs) which can benefit KDE users, bringing it closer to available functionality of other desktops.
- contacts: retrieve/add/edit/delete/query-by-updates (sync)
- calendar: retrieve/add/delete/query-by-updates (sync)
- user account is stored in KWallet
- network proxy (defined on desktop preferences)
Some video demos:
http://blip.tv/file/1972911/ and http://blip.tv/file/1972974/
or on youtube
What is missing:
- support for hosted accounts
- support recurrent events
Since the idea is to move this akonadi resource (and some others) to extra-gear, this is why I reported to this list.
More information about the kde-core-devel