getgrouplist implementation compatible with kdelibs?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Apr 17 11:53:01 BST 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Does someone have an LGPL compatible implementation of getgrouplist()? I
> imagine one from glibc would do. Something that can be added to kdefakes, in
> any case, because Solaris doesn't have getgrouplist and the FreeBSD
> implementation I have handy is 4-clause BSD licensed (strange, I thought the
> 4-clause had been removed by the UCB years ago).
>
> Given such an implementation, I can make ./kio/kfile/kpropertiesdialog.cpp
> compile again on non-Linux, non-FreeBSD but still-UNIX platforms.

Well, in that case, you can just reuse the code that kpropertiesdialog.cpp
was using before I ported it to getgrouplist, and put that in an #ifdef.
I did that port to improve performance on systems with a huge amount of groups,
but the other implementation was good enough on standard cases (and your
fake impl would have the same performance problem anyway).

Michael's implementation is a solution too, of course; I'm just not sure we
need this in kdefakes (linked by everything) when only one place in kdelibs needs it.