getgrouplist implementation compatible with kdelibs?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Apr 15 10:16:21 BST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 08:32:25 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> If it's not present, then we have to call getpwnam(3) to get
> the UID and main GID, then iterate over getgrent(3) to get all groups to
> which this user is present.

Yeah, that's exactly the implementation I'm asking for (and perhaps we can add
it to libkdefakes). I *have* such an implementation from FreeBSD, but it's
licensed incompatibly. Hence my request for someone to pull it out of glibc
(if LGPL) or otherwise I'll have to, um, close my eyes and do a clean room
implementation of it or something :)