Review Request: allow PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR be set from cmake's command line

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 11 08:42:17 BST 2009

Marcos Dione wrote:
>Summary
>-------
>
>this small patch allows to specify the PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR path
> from the cmake's command line via a -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR option.
> I already tested it and works with kdebase and kdebindings modules.
>

>Diffs
>-----
>
>  /trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindPythonLibrary.cmake 952067
>
>Diff: http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/553/diff

Can you please post the diffs?

The link above doesn't work.

Also, please make the default be
${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}/python${PYTHON_SHORT_VERSION}/site-packages/PyKDE4.
(Since I can't see the diff, I can't tell if you made this already the
default)

That is, unless you do pass the option, KDE installs inside its own prefix.
You should be able to run Python programs with extra modules in KDE's own
prefix by setting PYTHONPATH appropriately.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358