review of katimon

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 19:07:27 BST 2009

A Wednesday, 8 of April de 2009, Stefanos Harhalakis va escriure:
> On Wednesday 08 April 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Wednesday, 8 of April de 2009, Stefanos Harhalakis va escriure:
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > I've just moved a project named "katimon" from playground/utils/katimon
> > > to kdereview/katimon. If you find it OK, I'd like to move it to
> > > extragear or kdeutils (I need some guidance on this. Extragear seems
> > > better but kde could benefit from such a tool. Perhaps put it in
> > > extragear and reconsider it in the future)
> > >
> > > The program is written in python, so I didn't check it with Krazy
> > > supposing that it doesn't support python.
> > >
> > > The program is licensed under GPLv3.
> >
> > This does not fit KDE licensing rules, see
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
>
> I didn't understand that completely.

GPLv3 only does not fit to KDE licensing rules, regarding GPL you can choose

 * GPL version 2 as listed in kdelibs/COPYING or later

 * GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of
KDE e.V.

 * GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by Trolltech ASA and
the KDE Free Qt Foundation

Albert