KFilePreviewGenerator

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Sep 29 20:33:16 BST 2008

Hi there,

I have started to write some code for KFileWidget to be able to
generate inline previews on the list view.

Looking at the KFilePreviewGenerator I wonder, for instance, as a 3rd
party application developer, why am I forced to pass a
QSortFilterProxyModel to the constructor:

KFilePreviewGenerator(QAbstractItemView* parent, QAbstractProxyModel* model);

I think this should be casted internally, but the API having something like:

KFilePreviewGenerator(QAbstractItemView* parent, QAbstractItemModel* model);

Am I missing something ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.