katebuild-plugin to kdereview

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 27 08:51:56 BST 2008

Hi,

I have ported a build plugin to kate (KDE4) and I have now moved
the plugin to kdereview for inclusion into kdesdk(/kate/plugins). Maybe even
to replace the current make plugin.

This plugin is originally based on the original make-plugin found in kdesdk,
but has new features/enhancements. I found the source_prefix and
build_prefixes hard to understand and the make command was hardcoded to
gmake, which required me to make a wrapper or a softlink.

With the new plugin one can specify the build directory, build command, a
clean command and a quick compile command. The settings are saved with the
session data. The parsing is also a bit more accurate.

Future?:
For the moment at least, the parsing is hardcoded for gcc and gnu make (what I
use). If there is a need for other compilers or build scripts, it could be
possible to add some kind of wrapper scripts or some other mechanism to get
the filenames.

I have run krazy2all on the plugin and there should not be any warnings left.

--
Kåre Särs