Handling Soprano and Qt4.5 source-incompatibility

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Thu Sep 25 22:57:29 BST 2008

Am Donnerstag 25 September 2008 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Mostly I'm writing this to check wether I should restore BC and
> > compilability (which then breaks compilation with Qt4.5 for now) or do
> > the BiC change and Sebastian will release a new version of soprano
> > before Qt4.5 hits the streets?
>
> is Trolltech aware of this? that's step #1 in these cases ..

Yes, we are aware of it as as you can see from the fix I committed (I
overlooked that soprano was a public API when I committed my first fix), it's
actually not really a problem. It's a bit messy to require a workaround, but
the C++ Standard left us little choice here.

Cheers,
  Daniel

Daniel Molkentin

KDE 4.1 - Don't look back!