qt-copy broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 20:11:50 BST 2008

On 24.09.08 10:56:09, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Von: Andreas Pakula
> > kdesvn-build
> > the
> > the

> > directory
> > make),

> > > I've rebuilt it with kdesvn-build today and QtGlobal was not installed.
> > > However kdesvn-build shouldn't do anything that should cause this so I'm
> > > rebuilding manually to see if there's a difference.  It's not done yet
> > but I'm
> > > going to sleep, I'll write back tomorrow with the results.
> >
> > Its Patch 0250 thats causing the problem. Its supposed to be used on
> > win32 only, but apparently has some side-effects. Christian Ehrlicher is
> > aware of it, but I guess he wouldn't mind some help from a Perl expert
> > :)
> >
> Yes - I really don't understand why this patch should break linux compile...

But I do understand it now. The problem is that checkUnix has side-effects.
Yes Perl is really a nasty language :P (sometimes). It changes the value of
$_ which happens to be pointing into the @classes array and hence the
change from QtConCurrentRun to "linux" on my machine.

Christian unless I'm mistaken the matching can only work on win32 anyway,
because its now bound to <letter>: only, i.e. only stuff like c:, d: and so
on match. So I think I can just remove the checkUnix() and be done with it.

Other thoughts?

Andreas

--
Snow Day -- stay home.