KStatusBar and showing temp messages

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 25 19:22:38 BST 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008, you wrote:
> Aaron you're the one that did that code. Do you remember any reason for
> using addPermanentWidget instead of addWidget? Or it's simply a copy&paste
> problem?

no, it was absolutely intentional. that much i remember. what i don't remember
is WHY.

seven lashes for me for not putting a comment in the code =/

i seem to recall a Qt4 issue relating to status bars that made not using
addPermanentWidget break when it came to the layout of status bars in KDE
apps.

there's one way to find out if this is still an issue though: change the code
and then test in a wide sampling of statubar using KDE apps (Kontact, Okular,
various kde games, konqueror and dolphin ....)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se