KStatusBar and showing temp messages

John-Paul Stanford jp at stanwood.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 15:10:57 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm seeing a problem at the moment with KStatusBar, and wonder if was actually
a bug or maybe it's a misunderstanding by me.

The game I'm working on uses the statusbar->showMessage(i18n("Temp text goes
here")) call to display a message temporally. However the message never gets
displayed.

When i initially setup the statusbar I created the items with calls like :

statusbar->insertItem("This is a temp",1,1);

So I took a look at the KStatusBar code for this method and see that it's
calling QStatusBar's addPermanentWidget method. I also see that
KStatusBar->insertPermanentItem() is also calling addPermanentWidget.
So I was wondering if KStatusBar->insertItem() should be calling addWidget()
instead.

Cheers,
JP.

P.S. Could you CC me on any replays as I'm not subscribed to this list.