qt-copy broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 23 00:13:08 BST 2008

On 22.09.08 18:55:18, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Monday 22 September 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 22.09.08 14:55:29, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > it seems that since the switch to 4.4.2 in qt-copy its broken unless its
> > > installed over an existing copy. At least for me the QtGlobal forwarding
> > > header is not installed anymore and this breaks FindQt4.cmake as it
> > > relies on that header existing in QT_INSTALLED_HEADERS directory.
> >
> > Please somebody hand me over a brown paper bag :) Apparently
> > kdesvn-build does something wrong when copying the source qt-copy into
> > the builddir, causing the headers.pri file in the builddir to be wrong.
> >
> > /me digs head first into perl code - eeek :)
>
> I'll look at it but I think the change in question is that kdesvn-build no
> longer copies anything over for qt-copy.  i.e. it assumes that the configure
> script can be run in a different build directory than the source directory
> like with automake and cmake.
>
> If this isn't actually the case I'll revert that back to the builddir hack.

Hmm, then maybe its still qt-copy/qt4.4.2 to blame. I'll do another test
tomorrow, manually calling configure from a different than the srcdir
with an "original" qt 4.4.2. Or is this the configure.new/old stuff that
kdesvn-build does that you're talking about.

BTW: I've created a bugreport, in case you want to further discuss it
there.

Andreas

--
Your own qualities will help prevent your advancement in the world.