Shortcuts: Kross BIC change

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Mon Sep 22 01:01:13 BST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 01:48:15 Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> Right now Kross::Action inherits QAction, which makes it impossible
> for users to define/change shortcut for it
> (available if you use Kross::ScriptingPlugin).
>
> Lokalize is going to provide a lot of script-based actions in the near
> future.
>
> I'd like to make it inherit KAction instead. Unfortunately, I had to
> recompile my program after doing this change locally.
>
> What's you opinion?

Using QActions in KDE programs is wrong in my opinion. QActions are second
class citizens throughout our complete api. KShortcutsEditor doesn't support
them, KXMGui doesn't support them and probably many more parts of our api.
They provide no support for global shortcuts. So i consider that change
necessary.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen