External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 20 22:01:49 BST 2008

Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008 22:27:36 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> ...I don't see this happening. Besides, symlinks require your source
>> tree to look a certain way, and I don't see that going over well, either.
>
> I use symlinks locally to keep kdebase compiling with git-svn. What's the
> problem with them, besides not really working with windows?

...they don't work on Windows :-). Also if they're cross-module (which
they are by definition, or you'd be using relative paths), you either
impose a particular checkout hierarchy, or else require people to create
them by hand.

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.